Monday - Thursday:
11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Friday - Saturday:
10:00 AM - 6:00 PM PM
Airbrush tanning in New York
Sunless Airbrush Tanning
|Face, neck, hands
*Add body scrub to any airbrush session for only $65 (reg. $95)
How Does Self-Tan (DHA) work?
DHA (Dihydroxyacetone) is used as a self-tanning agent. It does not produce a "real tan" by increasing skin melanin levels, but it can create the tan appearance by developing a brown skin coloring. The action of DHA is limited to the upper layer of the skin and involves a reaction between DHA and skin proteins. DHA reacts with the amino acids and amino groups of the skin’s keratin-forming brown-colored compounds. The process takes place in the outer layers of the epidermis. The development of color takes anywhere from 2 - 4 hours.
Proper skincare before and after your sunless application will help you maximize the life of your beautiful tan so you can enjoy it day after day!
Prepare your skin before your sunless application for even, natural-looking results.
- Exfoliate skin.
- Shave at least one day before your spray tanning treatment.
- Do not moisturize at least two hours prior to your sunless tanning treatment.
- Remove your makeup and jewelry.
For Sunless Application:
- Wear your bathing suit, your undergarments, or disposable underwear (provided).
- Do not wear wool, nylon, or silk fabrics during the treatment.
- Apply Tan Sunless Barrier Cream (provided) generously and evenly to tops and bottoms of hands and feet, including nails and cuticles.
- Follow the instructions of your spray tanning technician.
Extending & Enhancing Tips
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothes.
- Do not wear wool, nylon or silk fabrics until after your first shower.
- Wait at least six hours before you shower, moisturize, swim or exercise.
- Don't worry if you see color washing off from your first shower - this is the immediate cosmetic bronzer. What is left behind is a beautiful, sunless tan.
- Cleanse your skin daily with Moisture Wash, starting after your first shower.
- Moisturize daily starting after your first shower.
- Remember to wear a sunscreen as most sunless solutions do not contain a sunscreen.